Wednesday 29 December 2010

So how did 2010 work out then?

So here we are. A year ago I was given my lovely green Bernina by The HusWife and The Magnificent Mum and it has been red hot pretty much all year. What started out as bits of fabric manipulation with old table cloths turned into a bag making obsession, which meandered into an ipad cover frenzy, which then morphed into a (lets face it) pretty bloody marvelous quilting obsession, with the odd tangent down purse and scarf making ally. I have had a bloody lovely year learning how to do all this new stuff and I thought it would be a good idea to review what I've made over the last year and have some thoughts about what my sewing goals will be for 2011. First up, this years creative endeavours:



Taken from my flickr set, this is a mixture of actual things and experiments. I was going to separate the images out but I love how these are displayed together. A quick count shows that this year I made:

3 notebook holders
1 peg bag
9 handbags
7 tote bags
15 ipad covers
1 allotment bag
1 baby dress
1 pencil case
2 zipped granny purses
9 scarves
7 purses
1 denim quilt

Crickey.

And for 2011? What shall I be doing? Well I have 2 other quilts on the go that will need finishing early in the year. I'd like to make a wall hanging of some description for our lounge. Other than that I feel pretty open to anything. I think it would be good to go back to some fabric manipulation and see what comes of it. And use each of the machine feet The Magnificent Mum gave me. Yes, even the darning one. Oh, and maybe sneak in a business plan. I'm so looking forward to year 2 of my sewing experiment. Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment