Sunday 10 April 2011

Drafting patterns

If ever you want a lesson about patience and calm, then try and make a pattern. Any pattern. For anything. I've been at this puppy for most of the day as I bought some new, larger purse frames that are different to the ones I usually use. You'd think that applying the same principles from a brilliant, robust and awesome old pattern would do the trick; and mostly those principles help, but then there are so many little bits and pieces that need tweaking and adapting so that the new frame works well.

Trial and error

Unusually for me, I made some test ones out of old, nasty fabric and it generally seemed to be ok; will post the result of the spangley new design once the glue has dried. Holy moly, I hope it looks great and justifies the amount of time and swearing...

No comments:

Post a Comment