Tuesday 16 August 2011

Crisis averted.

So, the boys are away and I woke at 6:30 this morning and thought I may as well get up and get cracking on the old sewing. Big plans to make a bunch of evening bags today you see. Anyhoo, after 2 hours of red hot machine action, suddenly it all went wrong. Massive thread jam that continued despite cleaning the innards = massive frustration and thought, "Mmmm haven't oiled it in a while." Couldn't find the machine oil could I? No. Hadn't put it anywhere sensible had I? No. Considered googling the problem (not the location of my oil, obv) but then picked up the phone to The Magnificent Mum.

She had the solution. Of course she did. I didn't realise that there was a secret button inside the bobbin area that lifted the entire top section of the machine off. I was presented with 1.5 years worth of fabric fluff and dust. Yuck. Then she suggested a squirt of WD40 "...as it's reasonably pure, darling..." and after some running of the machine with no thread all was good as new.

Note to self: Take better care of your tools Simmons. Oh, and send Mum flowers just for being brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment